Thursday, April 27, 2017

#7 Steve Jobs’ Talk

Link: Steve Jobs’ talk

Good words/sentences



  1. stumble(v.)絆倒
    to hit your foot against something or put your foot down awkwardly while you are walking or running, so that you almost fall

    example:In her hurry, she stumbled and spilled the milk all over the floor.
  2. renaissance(n.)再生、復興
    a new interest in something, especially a particular form of art, music etc, that has not been popular for a long period

    example:a renaissance in wood carving over the last few years
  3. naked(adj.)赤裸裸
    not wearing any clothes or not covered by clothes

    example:The children ran naked through the yard.
  4. poetic(adj.)詩意的
    relating to poetry, or typical of poetry

    example:poetic expression
  5. idealistic(adj.)理想主義
    believing that you should live according to high standards and principles, even if they cannot really be achieved, or showing this belief 

    example:idealistic young doctors
Inspire me

Steve Jobs talk about his three stories in his life, and it does inspire me. I always know what I loved to do.I love painting, but I don't know what I want to do. All right, I really love painting, but I not sure if can help me find my job that I love to do.

Then Jobs say "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work.". My job really will fill a large part of my life, so I'm not going to do the job I hate. And I won't lose my faith.


1 comment:

  1. Mary, do you like design? Maybe you can combine your interest with your profession together: painting, design, and programming.

    ReplyDelete