Thursday, April 20, 2017

#6 English song ?


#Video
GReeeeN / 愛唄 (English cover)

#Original  
GReeeeN - 愛唄

#Lyrics

Hey, darling, so dear to me
Now, can you try to take me seriously?
Though I know it’s kinda tacky and
You’ll probably laugh at me

But I just don’t know what to say to you
Other than to tell you I love you
There you go, laughing at me again
Making me feel like a fool

Tell me, are you happy?
Is this the road you choose?
Tell me, am I good enough for you?
‘Cause darling, all I know is

*Whether laughing or crying as long as you’re with me
Just being beside you is all I ever need
You give me a reason to keep on looking up
So I’ll give you my heart, as I sing this song of love

Hey, remember that day we met?
What was it that we were talking about?
When I first saw you so long ago
Too shy to ask you out

Well, ever since then look at what we’ve been through
And though we’ve even had a fight or two
Every day we spend together
Brings us closer, me and you

Under this big sky
We found each other here and we
Fell in love, oh, tell me that we’ll be
This way forever

*repeat

I hope you can forgive the constant worry I bring you
The days we’ve spent together are full up to the brim
And every day that I have got you by my side
The feeling’s growing stronger every minute that goes by

I’ll raise my voice high and offer you this silly song
And swear to God above I love you more than anyone
‘Cause I just want to let you know
I’ll hold your hand and won’t let go

As long as my voice lasts, until the day it dies
I’ll keep singing love songs right here by your side, my dear
And when I am old and my voice starts to fray
With my hand in your hand, right next to you I’ll stay

Darling, just saying thank you will never be enough
I wanna spend our lives together, sharing everything
The tears and laughs and joy and sorrow every single day
Forever after, it’ll be the two of us
Darling, so hand-in-hand, let’s sing a song of love


#Briefly introduce the song

Actually the song is Japanese song it named 愛唄. It's song by GReeeeN the group of pop music in Japan. The song is covered by 渡辺レベッカ ☆ Rebecca Butler Watanabe.

She is bilingual singer-songwriter(Japanese and English)and song translate covers.

#Three words or I learned
  1. tacky(adj)俗氣的 of cheap quality or in bad style

    example:The shop sold tacky souvenirs and ornaments.
  2. brim(n)邊沿 the top edge of a container

    example:She filled each glass to the brim.
  3. silly(adj)愚蠢的 stupid in a childish or embarrassing way

    example:I feel so silly in this outfit.
#Why I likes the song?

In fact, I like the Japanese song but the assignment is English song, so I choose Rebecca translate cover and her translate is most closely the original meaning. 

Her singing is also beautiful so I choose her cover version. The song meaning is beautiful and touch me. Everybody can listen the original version, it really touch you.

GReeeeN is famous in Japan. Theirs song is almost inspire and touch me, so they are also my favorite JPOP group.

No comments:

Post a Comment